You can easily and quickly create an internal website for your CPA firm. Many term this a wiki because anyone with permission can edit the pages. Here are the steps to creating a wiki, internal website, or company intranet. Whatever terms you use, it will become indispensable to communication within your CPA firm.
2. Sign in directly to your email. You won’t be able to do this by accessing your email from Outlook. You need to go to mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain) and login to email from a browser. If this is confusing, check this help page.
3. When you are logged in to your email click on “Sites.” (see image).
4. Click on “Create New Site”
5. Now you get to some choices regarding how your wiki is setup. Be sure to check it out and have fun with the many options. Just want a quick and simple site? Click create site and you get just a simple setup. Don’t worry because if it doesn’t work out you create another just as easily. What you should be seeing is the following:
Template Choices: This is how your wiki is structured. Instead of just a blank page you can have different pre-made areas. All you do is plug in your content.
Theme Choices: These are choices on the colors and general feel of the site.
More Options: You can choose different categories to help organize your sites if you end up setting up a few of them. You also can enter the site description and, the most important, who has access.
6. All you need to do now is add content. This is where using one of the template choices comes in handy. You can just plug your content, mainly images and text, into the different pre-made areas. To get started just click on “Edit page” and add your content.
Another nice feature to using the template is that there are links in various areas to tips on how to use the many features. Most of it is like editing a page with Microsoft Word. There are various icons in the top area that allow you to complete a task.
Congratulations! You have setup your first wiki. There is more to managing your wiki that can be found through Google help. There are a lot of uses for a wiki page setup like this. One of the most common is having a training or procedural documents to everyone in your firm. See this Wikipedia page for a complete list.