To upload files like PDFs, Word Documents and Excel spreadsheets to your website server you can now use the Site Manager.
1. The first step is to log into the portal and site manager. If you’re not sure how to do this, follow the steps here.
2. Once you’re in the Site Manager (you’ll know you’re there because there will be a blue bar across the top of the page that says “CPA Site Solutions Site Manager,”) click on the “More Options” link at the top of the page:
3. Choose the “Upload Files” option:
4. On this next screen you will see several folders listed on the left-hand side of the window. If you are uploading an image you will choose the “Images” folder. If you are uploading ANY OTHER type of document (as in this example), chose the “Files” folder:
5. Next, select the “Upload” button and browse your computer for the file you want to upload:
*NOTE* If the name of the file you are uploading has spaces in it, it’s recommended that you re-name the file and delete the spaces.
6. Click “Upload Selected File” to add the file to the server:
7. You’ll then see the file uploaded. If you want to create a link to this file on a page on your site you should take note of the file name. In our example it is: TestDoc_disk_failures.pdf
8. Go to the page that you want to add the link to and click in the editable region to bring up the WYSIWYG editor. Here you can add the text that you want to link to your file. For example:
9. Highlight the text that you want to become the link, and click on the Insert/Edit Hyperlink icon:
10. In the URL field you’ll type in the following: www.domain.com/files/filename.ext
Where domain is your website’s domain name and filename.ext is the name of the file. In our example, it would be www.bauerevans.com/files/TestDoc_disk_failures.pdf
11. Click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the editing window to save the changes.
12. Lastly, click on the “Publish” button at the top of the page to push the changes out to your live site: